Since its inception in 1997, The Heinlein Journal has been the leading source of new scholarship on Robert A. Heinlein. From its beginning, this independent journal has been home to the work of the best known names in Heinlein scholarship. William H. Patterson, Leon Stover, Ph.D, James Gifford, Robert James, Ph.D, Farah Mendlesohn, Robert Gorsch, Ph.D, Edward Wysocki, Ph.D, and a host of others have published their research in The Heinlein Journal.
The Heinlein Journal is presented by The Heinlein Society.
The Heinlein Society exists to preserve the legacy renowned writer Robert Anson Heinlein left us in novels, essays, speeches, and short stories that remain as fresh as ever. We need your help to do it.
We intend in Heinlein’s words to “PAY IT FORWARD,” since we can never pay back the benefits we got from him, by spreading the wisdom of Robert Anson Heinlein to others.
The Heinlein Society has established programs to:
- Promote Heinlein blood drives.
- Award scholarships to worthy young people.
- Provide educational materials to teachers and librarians.
- Promote scholarly research and overall discussion of the works and ideas of Robert Anson Heinlein.
- Provide copies of Heinlein’s books, and other science fiction novels, to members of the military and veterans via the Heinlein For Heroes program.